Where do I get UWPX from and how do I install it?
There are two ways how you can get UWP:
Installation (build it by your own)
- Install Visual Studio 2017
- Clone the repo with Visual Studio
- Build the project for your target platform
- Install the app on your target system: Here you can find more information about: How to install UWP apps, using the developer mode.
What kind of account do I need?
Because XMPP is like email a federated protocol (=> there are no “official” XMPP accounts), everybody can host his own server providing XMPP accounts.
Where can I get a account from?
Because XMPP is like email a federated protocol there are two ways of obtaining an XMPP (Jabber) account:
- There are a bunch of providers which privide free XMPP (Jabber) accounts. Like with your email provider make sure your XMPP provider is trustworthy. Some Popular choices:
- You also can host your own server.
- Some email providers also provide you with an XMPP account:
Which devices are supported?
In theory all UWP devices that run an Windows 10 build >=
10.0.15063.0 are able to run UWPX.
But because I’m only able to test it on a Windows Phone and a Windows PC these are the only devices the official Microsoft Store build will run on.
If there are additional devices you tested UWPX on that are able to run UWPX without any problems, let me know and I will add them to the list.